Saturday, January 21, 2012

FRESH QUACAMOLE

Posted by Cam
This recipe was given to me by an old girlfriend of my brother Ernesto.  Unfortunately I can't give her credit for it because it was so long ago I can't remember her name!  It is a little different each time I make it because I usually don't use a recipe.  I wrote the recipe today as I was making it to go with our dinner tonight. 
INGREDIENTS:

3 lg ripe avocados
1 bunch green onions
1~2 cloves garlic (depending on your preference)
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 large Serrano pepper
1 lime
1/4 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
kosher salt
coarse ground black pepper

Halve and remove seed from avocados.  Scoop out avocado and process in food processor or mash with potato masher.  Chop & dice onion, garlic, cilantro and Serrano pepper; mix into processed avocados. Stir in the juice of the lime. Add cumin and cayenne pepper.  Salt & pepper to taste.

Makes 2 1/2 ~3 cups

OPTION:  For less heat remove seeds from half or whole jalapeno pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment